Pass the Advil and crank up the wayback machine.
Let's kick off 2009 with one last, long, loving look back at the Cotton Bowl. Oh, the refurbished stadium will still be around, but its namesake game is moving to Arlington after tomorrow's Texas Tech-Ole Miss curtain closer and, other than Texas-OU, looks like nothing else of note will call its hallowed ground home.
10. 2006: Alabama Smothers Leach, Tech.
9. 1983: Pony Express Survives Dan Marino.
8. 1991: Miami 'Canes Texas.
7. 1971: Revenge of the Irish.
6. 1966: LSU Stops Hogs' Streak.
5. 1989: Aikman's Arrival.
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to the Observer's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Dallas's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
4. 1970: Cotton's Cotton.
3. 1960: Ernie Davis' Title.
2. 1954: The Tackle.