Pass the Advil and crank up the wayback machine.
Let's kick off 2009 with one last, long, loving look back at the Cotton Bowl. Oh, the refurbished stadium will still be around, but its namesake game is moving to Arlington after tomorrow's Texas Tech-Ole Miss curtain closer and, other than Texas-OU, looks like nothing else of note will call its hallowed ground home.
10. 2006: Alabama Smothers Leach, Tech.
9. 1983: Pony Express Survives Dan Marino.
8. 1991: Miami 'Canes Texas.
7. 1971: Revenge of the Irish.
6. 1966: LSU Stops Hogs' Streak.
5. 1989: Aikman's Arrival.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
4. 1970: Cotton's Cotton.
3. 1960: Ernie Davis' Title.
2. 1954: The Tackle.