Spring has sprung. Look out your window. And turn on your radio.
Not only is it supposed to hit 80 degrees here today, but the Texas Rangers make their Spring Training debut on new weekday home 105.3 The Fan in, oh, about three hours.
I know yesterday was the unofficial official opener in Arizona and I realize the Rangers have already crashed three homers, but there's nothing like Eric Nadel in the afternoon to announce the door has finally been slammed on winter.
Kevin Millwood gets the start today, with Doug Mathis, Derek Holland, Willie Eyre and Eddie Guardado also scheduled to throw. Funny, none of those guys are on my spring watch list.
5. Frank Francisco - If he's not a dependable closer the Rangers will have to rely on C.J. Wilson. Yeah, I know.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
4. Jarrod Saltalamacchia - Needs to establish himself as a productive, consistent everyday catcher. If not, hello Taylor Teagarden.
3. Nelson Cruz - Two years ago a major Spring Training flameout, he's now expected to be the Rangers' biggest right-handed bat.
2. Brandon McCarthy - Limited to five starts last season because of injuries, he first has to prove he can get out of Arizona healthy.
1. Elvis Andrus - If he flashes his glove and hits over .240 we'll call it a great success.