Mayor Tom Leppert isn't an easy interview to snag these days. At least, not for us here at the Observer. But that doesn't stop us from catching a glimpse of the man whenever we get the chance, and, of course, capturing snapshots along the way. Yup, we've developed quite a fondness for the unique and inspired Leppert photo here at Unfair Park HQ, which is why I bring you another year's worth of my favorites.
Feel free to chime in and provide links to ones you feel I've left out, and let's get a caption contest started while I try to convince Robert to dig up something for a prize.
10. Leppert poses with the iPhones he's giving away to CEOs in an effort to entice them to move their companies to downtown Dallas.
9. Leppert uses a wall to illustrate the impact of the convention center hotel on downtown during a campaign sales pitch at Dallas County Republican Party headquarters.
8. Willis Johnson's got Leppert's back, literally, during a community meeting at Harold Wendell Lang Middle School.
7. Leppert cruises the VIP section at the Cowboys Stadium ribbon-cutting ceremony.
6. Leppert poses with architect Santiago Calatrava, city officials and Trinity Trust folks after announcing a $10 million donation to the Continental Bridge.
5. Michael Irvin assists Leppert with his iPhone at the opening of the new Hard Rock Café in Victory Park.
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to the Observer's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Dallas's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
4. Leppert says the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers rated several areas of the city's levee system as unacceptable.
3. Leppert puts on bellhop's hat at the convention center hotel groundbreaking.
2. Leppert and Mary McDermott Cook gaze into each other's eyes at the Trinity Trust's announcement of an anonymous $10 million donation to the Continental Bridge.
1. Leppert daydreams at the AFI Film Festival.