For beer lovers looking for an excuse to get out of the house and drink, Dallas-Ft. Worth has several events brewing. With any luck, Dallas won't have another rainy May like last year. Here is a list of upcoming craft beer-related events worth checking out:
April 18-24: Strangeways' Barrel Week
— Enjoy nothing but barrel-aged beers on tap and cask all week at Strangways Dallas.
April 21: Craft Beer & Artisan Cheese Pairing
- Community Beer Co. will feature four unique craft brews, each paired with a complementary and contrasting cheese. There will be informative back stories of the styles, descriptions of taste profiles and general discussion of the artisinal goods with brewers and industry experts. That's four beers and eight cheeses for $30.
April 21: Peticolas The Duke 4 Year Vertical
— Peticolas continues their event series by featuring the same beer in four different years. They'll pour vintages of their barley wine, The Duke, from 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016. Price includes a commemorative glass for the event. Tickets are $20. A food truck will also be on site.
April 22: Ninkasi Brewing Beer Dinner at Ron's Place in Addison
— This four-course meal paired with four beers is $40 per person and includes one seasonal, one flagship, one special release and one limited release.
April 23: TUPPS Donut + Beer Pairing
— At TUPPS Brewery in McKinney, $15 will get 100 people the chance to enjoy five 4 oz. TUPPS beers paired with five mini doughnuts made by The Donut Kitchen
April 23: AleSmith Brewing Brunch at Meddlesome Moth
— The Meddlesome Moth welcomes AleSmith Brewing Co. for their 6th Annual April Ale Week for a beer brunch with their head brewer. Five beers and four food courses; tickets are $65.
April 23: Brewfest on Crockett Craft Beer & Music Festival
— The 6th annual Fort Worth Brewfest on Crockett will have live music and plenty of craft beer. Free admission to the event, you just pay for whatever you drink.
April 26: Food & Beer Pairing ft. Juicy Pig & No Label Brewing
— Lone Star Taps & Caps in Denton will be serving up four courses of barbecue and beer for $28.
April 27: Blatt Beer & Table Grand Opening
— Starting at 11 a.m., Blatt Beer & Table will be celebrating the opening of their first Dallas location at Preston Hollow Village. Happy hour menu and prices will be offered all day; happy hour drinks, like a Guinness Bloody Mary, as well as draft beers will range from $2-$7.
April 30: Dogfishtival VI: The Dogfishening
— The Common Table will tap several Dogfish Head beers all day with special offerings, yet to be announced.
April 30: Texas Ale Project's One-Year Anniversary Party
— Texas Ale Project will have 10 beers on tap, including limited releases of Nuttin' Shady (peanut butter porter) and Warning Label (triple IPA). There will be live music and Pit Commander will be serving barbecue all day.
May 1: Luck/Glazed's Doughnut and Beer Pairing
— For $18, Luck is serving mini donuts from Glazed paired with local craft beers. Pre-sale tickets for three time slots of 100 offerings are available, at 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
May 6: Rabbit Hole Brewing presents Beer, Cheese and Violin
— This intimate evening will showcase four specially selected cheeses paired with Rabbit Hole Beers, accompanied by electric violin music from Zuriel Merek. For $30, you'll get four 4 oz. samples of Rabbit Hole Beer (ply a white pawn taster glass to take home), one additional pint of beer, cheese sampling and all the great music. Additional pints will be available, too.
7 - Four Bullets Brewing 1 Year Anniversary Party
- Four Bullets will have beer, Black Jack and Texas Hold 'em tables, commemorative souvenir glasses, music, food and more. Weekend admission is usually $10, and no price difference has been mentioned.
7 - Dallas Brew Bus Tour
- Visit three breweries: Division, Collective Brewing, and Community Beer Co., while sampling several brews at each location and learn about how they're made. $50 gets you a seat on the bus, complimentary beer samples, snacks from LUCK, and a commemorative snifter style glass.
11 - Spring Pig Out with Collective Brewing at Clay Pigeon in Ft. Worth
- Clay Pigeon and The Collective Brewing Project are collaborating for a beer dinner of 5 beer-paired courses, featuring a whole roasted spring pig and other glutinous pork dishes. $60 per person. Reservations Required.
14 - 903 Brewers 3rd Anniversary Party
- For those willing to make the drive to Sherman, head to the brewery from 5-9 PM for live music, food vendors, and special release beers that will not be available again.
15 - Brew Riot Homebrew Fest
- Only members of the Texas Homebrew Society
are eligible to attend Brew Riot due the unique state laws that govern them. Register HERE
by clicking on the “Become a Member” tab. A membership card and a ticket for 1 adult to attend Brew Riot will be sent electronically once your registration is confirmed. This is where many local breweries get their start.
19 - Oak Highlands' Cupcake & Beer Pairing
- OHB and Jar Cakery
are offering a 4 cupcake, 4 flight pairing for $15. Only one hundred will be available; first come, first serve.
20 - Community Brewing Co.'s Texas Helles Release Party
- Starting at 5 PM, Community will be serving up their newest summer seasonal, Texas Helles. A Bavarian-style lager brewed with all German hops and malts, it will be available in cans and on draft from June-August.
21 - North Texas Firkin Fest
- The North Texas Firkin Fest is a celebration of unique Texas craft beer served in traditional casks (or firkins). Firkin Fest will focus on providing attendees with unique, rare and hard to get beers from craft breweries in the metroplex and across the state. The festival is held at Globe Life Park in Arlington. General admission is $40 and VIP tickets are $80. Tickets include eight 3oz samples.
28 - Rabbit Hole Brewing's Summer in Wonderland
- For $16 ($32 for VIP)
, attendees will be treated to about a dozen Rabbit Hole beers on tap (along with guest brewers), live music, crafts, glassware, and custom hats. The event is dog- and kid-friendly.
29 - Deep Ellum Brewing Co. Brew-BQ
- For $30, celebrate Memorial Day Weekend from 5PM to 10PM with DEBC who will have their year round beers on tap, as well as seasonal and limited releases. Triple G BBQ
will be providing BBQ. Portions of proceeds go to the Deep Ellum Community Association, so attendees will drink and eat for charity while listening to local music. The event is also child- and dog-friendly.
11 - Ft. Worth Untapped Festival
- the Ft. Worth craft beer and music festival will be taking place at Panther Island Pavilion. GA tickets ($35) let you see the music & purchase canned beer. GA + Beer ($42) tickets include the music and a beer sampling card (for 12 samples). VIP tickets ($65) get the aforementioned plus early access to the event, access to air conditioned VIP lounges and other benefits. The VIP ‘Stout Package’ ($119) provides festival-goers access to early entry, the Untapped Clubhouse, side stage access, an open bar featuring beer and wine plus food from various Fort Worth’s restaurants and more. Over 200 beers will be served in 2 oz samples throughout the day.
18 - Best Little Brewfest in TX
- Held on the streets of Old Town Lewisville, The Best Little Brewfest in Texas features over 90 breweries (many from Texas) and 300+ craft brews. In addition you will find craft ciders, Texas wines and distilled spirits for sampling. Special releases and new seasonal brews will be highlighted. Food trucks will be on site, along with music from local bands. Through Cloud 9 Charities, all profits for this event support Alzheimer’s respite care and Teen Suicide Prevention organizations.
25 - Dallas Brew Bus Tour
- Visit Witherspoon Distillery for a special private tour, as well as Cobra Brewing and Community Beer Co., while sampling several brews. $50 gets you a seat on the bus, complimentary beer samples at each brewery, a snack from LUCK, and a commemorative snifter style glass.