Two weeks back we featured Left/Right on our weekly DJ profile, DC9er. However, due to a busy schedule the DJ/producer wasn't able to send over an exclusive mix. Instead, he sent us an excellent mix that he'd already released.
Well, this week, Left/Right sent along his new DC9-exclusive "Day Mix" part one of a two-hour mix entitled "Day/Night mix." Left/Right says the mix displays a lesser-known side of the DJ, and is in his words "a little more relaxed, creative, and strange."
With artists ranging from Caribou to Beck to LCD Soundsystem, the mix "ranges from downtempo and electronica to indie rock and nu-disco."
Consider today a double dose of DC9er, and have a good weekend!
Left/Right - Day Mix Tracklist:
1. Mouthful of Diamonds - Phantogram
2. Broken Drum (Boards of Canada Remix) - Beck
3. Shattered Into Dyes - Talkdemonic
4. Swoon (Boys Noize Summer Mix) - The Chemical Brothers
5. Something Good Can Work - (The Twelves Remix) - Two Door Cinema Club
6. Garden - Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs
7. Up The Mountain feat The Battle Of Land And Sea (Gui Boratto Remix) - Bomb The Bass
8. Lyve - Moguai
9. Nights Off - Siriusmo
10. Cherry Moon - Lorn
11. Odessa - Caribou
12. Greenwich Mean Time (Sunset Sound Session) - Charlotte Gainsbourg
13. This City (Adam Freeland Remix) - The Chemists
14. Sweet Rosie (Disco Dub) - Hugg & Pepp
15. Sun - Caribou
16. You Came Out (Stereogamous Remix) - We Have Band
17. You Wanted A Hit (Soulwax Remix) - LCD Soundsystem
18. How To Fake Your Own Life (Etienne De Crecy Remix) - Adam Freeland
Keep the Dallas Observer Free... Since we started the Dallas Observer, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Dallas, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Dallas with no paywalls.