It's an album anniversary for Lauryn Hill, and she plans to celebrate with a stop in Dallas. Elsewhere, the Kessler Theater snags a pair of cool shows, the multi-band package tours continue to roll in and a few cool shows pop up on the club calendars.
Resale Concert Tickets
Dallas Symphony Chorus: Lawrence Loh - Christmas Pops
Saturday, Dec. 14, 2019 / 2:30pm @ Meyerson Symphony Center 2301 Flora St. Ste. 100 Dallas TX 752012301 Flora St. Ste. 100, Dallas TX 75201View more dates and times at this location >
- The Loudwire Gen-X Summer Tour promises to remind us that rock hasn't died. Featuring a trio of alternative bands from the '90's and early aughts — P.O.D., Lit and Alien Ant Farm — the showcase rolls into Toyota Music Factory in Irving for an Aug. 24 show. Tickets, $25-$35, are on sale Friday at livenation.com.
- Singer Gerardo Ortiz is nominated for Regional Mexican Artist of the Year at this weekend's Billboard Latin Music Awards ceremony in Las Vegas. He'll be on the road for much of the upcoming year on a tour that brings him to Toyota Music Factory in Irving on Aug. 31 with Pancho Barraza and Kevin Ortiz. Tickets start at $42 and are on sale Friday at livenation.com.
- Lauryn Hill is celebrating the 20th anniversary of her multiple Grammy-winning debut solo album, The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill. She'll be touring across North America for a good portion of 2018. She'll appear Sept. 30 at Toyota Music Factory in Irving. Tickets start at $32.50 and are on sale Friday at livenation.com.
- British new wave group The Fixx is probably still best known for its 1983 smash hit, "One Thing Leads to Another." However, it's been in the public eye again for much of the past decade, recording new music and touring around the globe. The band will return to the Granada Theater for a show July 15. Tickets are on sale Friday at prekindle.com.
- Smooth R&B 105.7 FM is having its Smooth Summer Groove II event July 26 at Verizon Theater at Grand Prairie. This year's concert features Kenny "Babyface" Edmonds and Brandy, with special guest Raheem DeVaughn. Tickets go on sale Friday at axs.com.
- Mavericks frontman Raul Malo performed at last weekend's Old 97's County Fair. He'll be back in Dallas for a solo show July 1 at the Kessler Theater. The velvet-voiced singer and Americana mainstay is touring behind his latest album, Sinners & Saints. Tickets, starting at $32, are on sale at prekindle.com.
- Allman Brothers Band scions Devon Allman and Duane Betts are heading out on a tour this year that stops July 7 at the Kessler Theater. The Devon Allman Project will be out behind ots new album, Full Speed Ahead, while Betts will have all sorts of musical tricks on display. Tickets, starting at $28, go on sale Friday at prekindle.com.
- Sardonic songwriter Caroline Rose returns June 22 for a Dallas show at The Rustic. Touring behind her album, LONER, Rose throws just about everything but the kitchen sink into her sound and sonic palette. She was just here performing at Dada but will be back this time as a headliner. Tickets are free and are available Friday at prekindle.com.
- Singer-songwriter Claire Morales just made our recent list of badass female musicians. She's releasing a new album this summer and will celebrate with a record release show June 29 at Dan's Silverleaf in Denton. She'll be joined by fellow singer-songwriter Daniel Markham. Tickets are on sale Friday at prekindle.com.
- Singer-songwriter Jeremy Enigk, of Sunny Day Real Estate and The Fire Theft fame, will play June 15 at Club Dada. This will be his first major tour since taking a hiatus in 2015. He'll use the outing to support the expanded reissue of his 1996 acclaimed solo album, Return of the Frog Queen. Tickets are on sale Friday at dadadallas.com.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!