Mexico native Jorge Levy opened his first Tex-Mex hall in 1976 to great applause. The applause continues. The barely altered menu has much to do with it. Among the items that have been available for more than three decades are the Desperado Tacos, twin puffy tacos filled with slices of beef or chicken fajita and garnished with pico de gallo and a thick slice of avocado. Other signature dishes include flautas, nachos and the Desperados Burritos with a spicy barbecue sauce. While the kitchen prepares decidedly Tex-Mex cuisine, don't be surprised to hear Spanish spoken between customers and servers. Good food knows no linguistic boundaries.
- Price: $$
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 11 a.m.-9:30 p.m.; Friday & Saturday 11 a.m.-10:30 p.m.; Sunday 11 a.m.-9 p.m.
- Outdoor seating: Open-air patio
- Alcohol: Full bar
- Parking: Lot available
- Extra Services: Banquet Facilities, Catering, Private-group dining
- Call restaurant to order/pay
- Curbside pickup
- Order/delivery via DoorDash
- Order/delivery via Other
- Order/delivery via Uber Eats