After feasting on Persian kebabs and stews at this attractive restaurant in Richardson, we looked at each other and said, "What a find!" Zereshk Polo resembled a chicken kebab prepared with onions and saffron. The dish was topped with sauteed barberry, which tasted a bit like redcurrants and provided a sweet and slightly piquant counterpoint to the gently spiced chicken. Like most of the entrees, Zereshk Polo was accompanied by excellent saffron basmati rice. The stews, such as Ghormeh Sabzi--beef braised with dried Persian limes--are house specialties and all worth trying. Service was slow but gracious.
- Price: $$
- Hours: Tuesday-Thursday 11 a.m.-9 p.m.; Friday 11 a.m.-10 p.m.; Saturday 12-10 p.m.; Sunday 12-8 p.m.
- Outdoor seating: Sidewalk tables
- Reservations: Recommended
- Parking: Lot available
- Extra Services: Catering, Private-group dining
- Curbside pickup
- Use restaurant website to order/pay