With its chrome trimmings and white-tiled floor, Truluck's has everything your grandmother loves in a restaurant: a straight-up menu of seafood and steak served with cheese-ridden mashed potatoes; a display tray of crab claws presented tableside; dense chocolate cake carved into slices as thick as Russian novels; and Frank Sinatra on the stereo. But the snazzy Uptown restaurant has kept its clientele young with a few touches only a chain restaurant can manage, including a vast selection of wines offered in sampling sizes and sweet stone crabs that make it from Florida to Dallas in a single day. Adventurous palates will be underwhelmed as preparations lean toward pedestrian cooking, but that hasn't stopped diners in droves who bask in green neon and drink dirty martinis while slurping oysters from northern waters.
- Price: $$, $$$
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m., 4:30-9 p.m.; Friday 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m., 4:30-10 p.m.; Saturday 4:30-10 p.m.; Sunday 4:30-9 p.m.
- Outdoor seating: Open-air patio
- Alcohol: Full bar
- Reservations: Recommended
- Parking: Lot available, Valet
- Extra Services: Banquet Facilities, Catering, Private-group dining
- Call restaurant to order/pay
- Curbside pickup