How We Work
The Observer has been Dallas' leading independent news source since 1980. Every day we publish original reporting and compelling writing on local news, restaurants, music, arts and culture, providing a vital resource for readers who want to understand and engage with their community.
Advertising at the Dallas Observer has evolved from traditional media to a full-service media agency capable of fulfilling all of your marketing needs. The Dallas Observer's foundation is rooted in serving our local community and has now expanded our reach and breadth to handle business of all size and manner.
The Dallas Observer Marketing team oversees the planning and execution of our annual signature events, as well as the daily promotion of all aspects of the Dallas Observer brand, including ongoing engagement with our readers and promotions for our clients.
The Dallas Observer production team establishes creative and innovative marketing campaigns designed uniquely for each client.
- Future - 401k plans so that you can plan for the future.
- Holidays - Time to spend with family and friends.
- Insurance - Health, dental, and vision to keep you healthy.
- Vacation - Time to re-charge the batteries.
- Fellowships - an unparalleled opportunity for young writers who wish to pursue a career in magazine-style journalism. And more!
Through it all, our writers have been true "observers," wandering with eyes open and notebooks ready to bring Dallas' hidden gems to surface, making the weekly newspaper a priceless resource for people who love Dallas as much as we do.
Love? Yeah, that's right. If we've raked up some muck searching for those gems, that's because we love what Dallas is and what it can become. Just don't tell anyone, though. We have a reputation to maintain."
ON THE GO!
Explore the City with our Street Team.
"Working for the Dallas Observer, you can often guarantee that no work day will ever be the same. The Observer offers a unique opportunity to work with a wide variety of the best events and businesses in Dallas."
- Michelle Graves, Multi-Media Account Executive
|Multi Media Sales Executive – Dallas Observer||Sales||Dallas|
The right candidate will be responsible for selling multi-platform advertising solutions including Digital Advertising (SEO, PPC, Social Media, Programmatic, Email & Mobile Advertising, Web Design, and Content Production), Print advertising, Event Sponsorships, and annual glossy publications to an eclectic and exciting group of clients.
We are looking for connected, social-media savvy, high-energy, hyper-productive individuals who devour advertising media and want to be part of a dynamic sales team. Multi-Media Account Executives will be responsible for prospecting leads, making calls and going on appointments to bring in new business.
Job Requirements :
Outside and/or inside sales experience, preferably in an advertising sales/business development and/or online media environment.
• Making minimum of 100-150 outbound sales calls and securing and completing a minimum of 10-15 outside appointments per week.
• Maintain a solid understanding of the online marketing/advertising industry.
• Demonstrate the ability to sell with a consultative approach and an "ask for their business" mindset.
• Strong skill set with developing and building business relationships.
• Dependable Transportation, Valid Drivers License and Insurance
Dallas Observer Offers:
• Great environment with the ability to work with fun, exciting, and unique business owners.
• Unlimited Earning Potential
• Base Salary + Commission + Bonus
• Gas Reimbursement
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurances
• 401(K) Plan
• Paid Vacation & Sick time
• Additional optional benefits include: Legal Plan Services, Pet Insurance and Auto/Home Insurance
Interested candidates please send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in the workplace.