How We Work
The Observer has been Dallas' leading independent news source since 1980. Every day we publish original reporting and compelling writing on local news, restaurants, music, arts and culture, providing a vital resource for readers who want to understand and engage with their community.
Advertising at the Dallas Observer has evolved from traditional media to a full-service media agency capable of fulfilling all of your marketing needs. The Dallas Observer's foundation is rooted in serving our local community and has now expanded our reach and breadth to handle business of all size and manner.
The Dallas Observer Marketing team oversees the planning and execution of our annual signature events, as well as the daily promotion of all aspects of the Dallas Observer brand, including ongoing engagement with our readers and promotions for our clients.
The Dallas Observer production team establishes creative and innovative marketing campaigns designed uniquely for each client.
- Future - 401k plans so that you can plan for the future.
- Holidays - Time to spend with family and friends.
- Insurance - Health, dental, and vision to keep you healthy.
- Vacation - Time to re-charge the batteries.
- Fellowships - an unparalleled opportunity for young writers who wish to pursue a career in magazine-style journalism. And more!
Through it all, our writers have been true "observers," wandering with eyes open and notebooks ready to bring Dallas' hidden gems to surface, making the weekly newspaper a priceless resource for people who love Dallas as much as we do.
Love? Yeah, that's right. If we've raked up some muck searching for those gems, that's because we love what Dallas is and what it can become. Just don't tell anyone, though. We have a reputation to maintain."
ON THE GO!
Explore the City with our Street Team.
"Working for the Dallas Observer, you can often guarantee that no work day will ever be the same. The Observer offers a unique opportunity to work with a wide variety of the best events and businesses in Dallas."
- Michelle Graves, Multi-Media Account Executive
|Multi Media Sales Executive – Dallas Observer||Sales||Dallas|
Multi-Media Account Executive
3800 Maple Ave, Dallas, TX 75219, USA
We are looking for an energetic, self-motivated individual who will drive integrated sales. By creating successful campaigns for clients, the Multi-Media Account Executive ensures growth within the business and retains clients for future campaigns.
This position is one of the most vital in the company, and we pride ourselves on leading the industry in ad performance, technology and, most of all, customer results. Our portfolio of solutions includes digital and print products that are designed to get results such as SEO, PPC, Paid Media, Display Advertising, Social Media, Programmatic, Retargeting, IP Targeting, E-mail, Mobile Advertising, Web Design, Content Production, Weekly Publication, Special Issues, Event Sponsorships and more.
The Multi-Media Account Executive plays an important role in our business by meeting quick deadlines, keeping a full pipeline, managing sales activity, and communicating regularly with upper management. Attention to detail, staying informed of digital advertising best practices, and having a passion for all things digital are critical aspects of the position. If you can sell, you love digital, love an awesome office, then this is an amazing opportunity for you!
The Multi-Media Account Executive will:
• Prospect digital advertisers and aggressively pursue and close new business
• Possess a Hunter Mentality. This position is not about managing a book of business it is about identifying opportunities and closing new sales.
• Provide strategic advice and help small to mid-size businesses get the best ROI on their advertising investment by working closely with them in a consultative role.
• Acquire an intimate knowledge of our capabilities, specifically within our programmatic platforms, Paid Media and SEO.
• Be able to interpret market-analytics data and convey campaign wins to clients in order to retain clients and grow existing clients' monthly investments.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in digital media sales, media sales, or consultative B2B sales with small to medium size businesses (required)
• Proven prospecting and new business development skills - a true Hunter's mentality.
• Excellent interpersonal skills - a dynamic, strong, relationship builder.
• Proven ability to meet and exceed sales goals
• Passion, desire and motivation to sell digital products.
• Strong work ethic with the ability to work under pressure, organize and prioritize responsibilities
All your information We provide training, resources, and support to help you succeed, medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, gas reimbursements, paid holidays, paid sick, 401K and paid vacation. Compensation consists of a base salary plus monthly performance-based commissions and bonuses will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
|Digital Coordinator||Account Management||Dallas|
The Dallas Observer is looking for a Digital Coordinator to join our team!
This individual will be responsible for digital campaign set-up tasks, campaign implementation, managing and tracking campaign delivery, QA and reporting, with quality, timely and accurate work – sharp attention to detail is a MUST! (So if you don't like the details, you won’t like this position.)
● Intake, Setup and QA digital advertising campaigns (email, banners, reskins & native) using multiple ad-serving platforms
● Analyze ad campaign performance(s) and make recommendations for optimization
● Digital Ad Trafficking for traditional advertising campaigns, submitting camera ready art, and submitting minor creative changes through Ad Management systems
● Works closely with accounting on billing reconciliation, should campaign run dates change
● Produce mid-campaign and post-campaign reports & recaps, to showcase campaign delivery and performance
● Cross-train on all support systems and platforms for 100% coverage of support team
● Support the creation of >$5,000 campaign proposals with sales team and managers
● Support internal teams with day to day operations, with a focus on providing speedy turnaround times and professional client service
● Track all contracts turned in by sales team
● Detail oriented, incredibly organized, with a positive ‘Can Do!’ Attitude
● Data driven and customer service focused
● Exceptional Analytical Skills reading Google Data, Reporting Data and Other Data
● Proficient with Salesforce, Microsoft Powerpoint, Excel and Word
● Ability to contribute ideas and creative solutions when ad serving issues arise
● A good eye for layout and graphic design to facilitate effective and appealing advertising communication.
● Strong interpersonal skills
● Excellent communication skills
● Quick learner who loves to pick up new tools/software for reporting & analysis
● Strong desire to pursue new and creative ways to problem solve
● Disciplined work ethic with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
● Some type of involvement in trafficking/media analytics for digital advertising
● Experience with project management, account management, or relationship management.
● Sales Force
Yes, we do training, so fear not.
We offer a base salary based on experience, and career growth opportunities in a fun, fast paced work environment. We also offer a full benefits package to include medical, dental, 401k, flex spending, paid vacation & more!
If you are a passionate, hard-working individual that thrives in a fast-paced environment and wants to join a dynamic, fun digital team then this is the perfect opportunity for you! Please submit your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com