No, no, no. You got me all wrong.
Am I skeptical? Cynical? Inquisitive? Smart-assy? Guilty.
But bitter? Hardly.
I consider myself more tell-it-like-it-is realistic rather than jump-off-the-high-five negative. I don't think the Rangers will make the playoffs. I think Josh Hamilton should've come clean before he was caught. And I absolutely despise squirrels. But, honestly, I'm generally a silly, dorky, positive guy that takes his job - but not himself - seriously.
Just to make sure I'm not sending the wrong message, a little balance this morning. If you will.
How about 20 random things I really, truly love? ...
19. Mi familia.
18. Tan lines.
17. Dave Chappelle.
16. Rafael Nadal.
15. Lightning bugs at dusk.
14. Captain Morgan.
13. Brent Musburger.
12. The creator of our universe, whomever He/She/It may be.
11. Nine Inch Nails.
10. Temporarily forgetting about the second mortgage and the third wife and the fact that my four tires need rotating, courtesy of a damn good game.
9. Full moons, and meteor showers.
8. Rick Reilly.
7. A cold nectarine on a hot afternoon.
6. DeMarcus Ware.
5. Be it fashion, music, opinion or personality, anything that oozes character and/or reminds me that there are alternatives to the mainstream mush.
4. Elvis Andrus.
3. Jon Stewart.
2. Dirk Nowitzki.
1. Sportatorium commenters who force me to check myself.
Keep the Dallas Observer Free... Since we started the Dallas Observer, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Dallas, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Dallas with no paywalls.