10. Going to Vegas, London, Mexico, etc. is nice and all, but sometimes staying put feels right.
9. 36 holes of golf in one day is plenty.
8. SMU worked hard to attract a special coach like June Jones. I hope they work just as hard to keep him.
7. We're finally about to find out what happens in September when a Cowboys' season oozing with Super Bowl hopes collides into a Rangers' pennant race.
6. You want to see some of the hottest, drunkest women around? Cape Buffalo on a Friday night. Tons of 'em.
5. Nothing better than being on a calm Texas lake for a summer sunset.
4. With two very time-sensitive jobs (deadlines, commercial breaks, yadda yadda and more yadda), the real treat for me was escaping control of the clock. If just for a week.
3. Sometimes being bored isn't a condition, it's an achievement.
2. Watching Jerry Jones on Entourage and George Steinbrenner in memoriam, I hope we all realize what a treasure we have in the Cowboys owner. I do.
1. I missed you guys. Yep, even you, Russell.
Keep the Dallas Observer Free... Since we started the Dallas Observer, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Dallas, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Dallas with no paywalls.