The name Local has nothing to do with local food. Chef Tracy Miller wants the best ingredients to create a restaurant that becomes your home away from home -- your local. To accomplish this, she provides diners with a menu of contemporary American dishes in a simple but elegant space. The restaurant, opened in 2003, is housed in the historic Boyd Hotel in Deep Ellum. It's difficult to nail down specialties at Local because the offerings are driven by seasonality. However, it's Texas, so it's safe to say that the cheese burger basket made from locally sourced Burgundy Pasture beef is a sure thing – and it's one of Dallas' best burgers.
- Price: $$$, $$$$
- Hours: Tuesday-Thursday 5:30-9:30 p.m.; Friday & Saturday 5:30-10 p.m.
- Alcohol: Full bar
- Reservations: Recommended
- Parking: Free, Lot available
- Extra Services: Banquet Facilities, Catering, Private-group dining
- Call restaurant to order/pay
- Curbside pickup
- Use restaurant website to order/pay