Why did the Los Angeles Lakers lose Game 2 of the NBA Finals Sunday night?
Because they turned their back on Jesus.
Boston Celtics' guard Ray Allen - who played "Jesus Shuttlesworth" in Spike Lee's He Got Game - went off on L.A. He hit a Finals-record eight 3-pointers, scored 27 points in the first half and propelled a 103-94 win that evened the series at 1-1.
How the Lakers continually allowed Allen open looks is inexplicable. And how Jesus Shuttlesworth isn't the all-time best sports movie character name is just as astounding ...
10. Morris Buttermaker - Bad News Bears.
9. Moses Guthrie - The Fish That Saved Pittsburgh
8. Crash Davis - Bull Durham.
7. Clubber Lang - Rocky III.
6. Ricky Bobby - Talladega Nights.
5. Shooter McGavin - Happy Gilmore.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
4. Rudy - Rudy.
3. Nuke LaLoosh - Bull Durham.
2. Jesus Shuttlesworth - He Got Game.
1. Rocky Balboa - Rocky