The best xiao long bao (soup dumplings) in the area are the stars at Fortune House, a Shanghainese mainstay on the north side of Irving. But don’t miss the fried buns, either; they’re steamed and fried, the crispy bottom and moist top producing two different colors and textures. Aside from buns, dumplings and the occasional vegetable special (look for “spinach in special consomme”), the rest of the menu is pretty ordinary.
- Price: $$, $$$
- Hours: Daily 11 a.m.-3 p.m., 5 p.m.-10 p.m.
- Outdoor seating: Open-air patio
- Alcohol: Full bar
- Reservations: Recommended
- Parking: Lot available
- Use restaurant website to order/pay
- Order/delivery via DoorDash
- Order/delivery via Other
- Order/delivery via Postmates
- Order/delivery via Uber Eats