At least in the confines of my office, where the above song gets played, on average, twice a day (a low estimate), this comes as pretty exciting news: Dorrough's debut abum, Dorrough Music, will see its official release on July 28.
More reasons why you should consider this something of a big deal? Some stats on Dorrough, courtesy his publicist:
- "Ice Cream Paint Job" is currently sitting at No. 3 on BET's 106th & Park video countdown.
- The song is also on MTV2's top 10 rotation.
- "Ice Cream Paint Job" has received over 200,000 digital transactions, and comes in at No. 18 on iTunes' hip-hop sales charts.
- Dorrough is currently listed as a Fab Five artist on MTV Jams.
- Ringtones for both "Ice Cream Paint Job" and "Walk That Walk" are also charting.
Plus, the guy performed at the BET Awards pre-show: Check it.
Expect a fair share of coverage--and not just from us. Just sayin'.
Keep the Dallas Observer Free... Since we started the Dallas Observer, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Dallas, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Dallas with no paywalls.