In this week's DFW dining news round-up, new spots in Preston Center, a surprising re-concept and we hope you dig poke bowls:
- Two new restaurants are opening in Preston Center, D reports: Go Fish Poke at 6030 Luther Lane and Yolk in the space formerly occupied by LYFE Kitchen. Yolk is open now, according to a press release, and Go Fish Poke should follow closely behind.
- In other poke news (and about two years after poke-mania hit the rest of the country), another poke spot is opening, this one on Lower Greenville (which coincidentally just lost a poke spot): Freshfin Poke Co., opening at 3611 Greenville Ave. in the former Zini’s Pizzeria space, Eater reports. It's set to open in February.
- Houston-based Fiesta Mart, the colorful specialty grocery store chain, recently acquired two former Minyard stores in DFW and is soon hosting grand reopenings, according to a press release. The first location, at 4202 Pioneer Road in Balch Springs, celebrates its opening Dec. 7. The other, at 610 Ferris Ave. in Waxahachie, celebrates its opening Dec. 14.
- The biggest news items of the week have already been reported to death, but they bear repeating: Remedy is closing Dec. 31 and re-concepting as a Chinese restaurant, and Heim Barbecue is opening a second location in Fort Worth. Food giveth, food taketh away.
- Irving got itself a new pizza spot: Persona Wood Fired Pizzeria, where you personalize a pizza before it's set for 90 seconds in a wood-fired oven. If you're into the idea of "personalized pizzas made in 90 seconds or less," check 'em out at 8704 Cypress Waters Blvd. in Irving.
D Magazine released its list of the best new bars of 2016, and it's a solid list — although we have yet to experience Dolce Riviera, the Harwood eatery that recently took a beating from Leslie Brenner.
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to the Observer's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Dallas's stories with no paywalls.