Sure, the Rangers took your heart and smashed it into a million pieces, but that doesn't mean you can't still love local sports. Or funny T-shirts commemorating.
Black Ice Tees, a snappy new Dallas upstart, knows that Jerry Jones quotes and T-shirts go together like Josh and Some Overpaying Team in the National League. In honor of this low moment in local sports fandom, here are their five best-sellers to help cheer you up:
5. Glory Hole If anyone asks for an explanation or the genesis of the phrase, there's a handy one printed on the back.
4. ReDIRKulous Hey, remember the Mavs? Basketball season starts soon, with or without the fluid in Dirk's knee.
3. Pony Up Give the Death Penalty to boring SMU T-shirts and get hip with a Pony Up tee.
2. Old School Wait, we still love Ron Washington, right? OK, let me rephrase that. We still hate Josh Hamilton the most, right?
1. Grubes NEVER FORGET The Ticket's own board wizard Michael "Grubes" Gruber may be gone (or, you know, going to UNT to get his learn on), but he is never forgotten.
Keep the Dallas Observer Free... Since we started the Dallas Observer, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Dallas, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Dallas with no paywalls.