Cedars Food Truck Park Opens This Weekend at the Dallas Heritage Village
Cedars Food Park
If you've been looking for the right time and opportunity to check out the Dallas Heritage Village, we may have found your opening. The late 19th century village will now be home to a food truck park.
The inaugural Cedars Food Park event is this weekend, Saturday, July 28 from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. In addition to the food trucks, there will be live music from The Sicklies with, and Lee Harvey's will be pouring beer from Deep Ellum Brewing Company.
Here's are some important tidbits:
• Admission is free. That means no cover. At all.
• The park is over 20 acres with plenty of (free) parking and an ample amount of shade.
• 18 trucks will be on hand, plus one Dude, Sweet Chocolate.
• It's all picnic-style dining.
• Should you find the heat offensive, there's an air conditioned building on site.
• For this first event, there will be free tours of the buildings, so wear your good walkin' shoes.
• 19th century pioneer dress is not required but highly recommended (by me). Tweet about it after it's over. (What would a pioneer tweet?)
• It's not BYOB; Lee Harvey's will have DEBC beer. There will be wine too.
• Brad Friedman with Cedars Food Park told me they're considering some BYOB options for future events (like maybe on Thursdays). If you see Brad say, "Please, kind sir."
• Following the grand opening, the Cedars Food Park will be open Wednesday - Friday for lunch from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and on Thursdays for dinner from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.
• Keep track of changes or special events on their Facebook page.
• Pets are welcome.
The Dallas County Heritage Society runs the Dallas Heritage Village, which includes the 38 buildings and museum. The city of Dallas owns the actual park. They have tours except during the month August (because 19th century folk took that month off on account of the heat and general grumpiness).
Part of the proceeds from the food truck sales will go towards the DHV.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Dallas dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.