The very best dish at Genroku Sushi, a strip mall find in Richardson, isn't sushi. The basil chicken, served in the wok in which it's cooked, is a fabulous exposition of fresh basil, chopped ginger, star anise and soy sauce. Like the sea clam soup and scallion beef, the chicken dish references the restaurant's Taiwanese roots. But Japanese techniques wriggle in at the sushi bar, where the fish is wonderfully fresh-and sold at the rock-bottom price of $1 a piece on Sundays and Wednesdays.
- Price: $$
- Hours: Tuesday-Thursday 11 a.m.-9 p.m.; Friday-Sunday 11 a.m.-9::30 p.m.
- Alcohol: Beer/Wine
- Reservations: Recommended
- Parking: Lot available
- Extra Services: Private-group dining
- Call restaurant to order/pay
- Use restaurant website to order/pay