People rush to Mai's for its traditional Vietnamese fare, like the warming bowls of noodle soups – among them, traditional beef meatball soup with cilantro, bean sprouts, lime, and jalapeño on the side. The various skin-burning clay pots, such as the combo curry pot (rice topped with shrimp, chicken and mixed vegetables in a coconut curry sauce) are also specialties. The dinner specials are gargantuan, affordably priced platters that are accompanied with one fried roll, two butterfly shrimps, chicken soup or chicken salad, stir-fried vegetables and steamed rice. There is an extensive array of vegetarian dishes at this dark and Spartan space that is basically a selection of other specials sans meat.
- Price: $$
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 11 a.m.-3 p.m., 5-9:30 p.m.; Friday 11 a.m.-3 p.m., 5-10 p.m.; Saturday 11 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Alcohol: No Alcohol
- Reservations: Not Necessary
- Parking: Lot available, On-street
- Extra Services: Private-group dining
- Order/delivery via DoorDash
- Order/delivery via Grubhub
- Order/delivery via Other
- Order/delivery via Postmates
- Order/delivery via Uber Eats