Formerly billed as Monica's Aca Y Alla, Maracas Mexican Restaurant is foremost a comfortable neighborhood joint where laid-back diners of all ages celebrate birthdays and revel in weekly food and margarita specials. The menu looks to Mexico City and Tex-Mex dishes, supplemented by innovative cooking to produce a menu that includes a sloppy lasagna of chicken, black beans and cheese, and a festive fajita plate that emerges from the kitchen without the standby comal. Queso is doctored up with spinach and red peppers and the guacamole is generous and pleasing. On weekends evenings loud and lively music pours out the front door and into the streets during dinner service, and during the day the hungover come in droves looking for repair.
- Price: $, $$
- Hours: Tuesday-Thursday 11 a.m.-9 p.m.; Friday & Saturday 11 a.m.-11 p.m.; Sunday 11 a.m.-9 p.m.
- Outdoor seating: Sidewalk tables
- Alcohol: Full bar
- Parking: Metered, On-street, Valet
- Extra Services: Private-group dining
- Call restaurant to order/pay
- Curbside pickup
- Order/delivery via Grubhub
- Order/delivery via Other
- Order/delivery via Postmates
- Order/delivery via Uber Eats