This gem of the Old Town Shopping Center has quite possibly some of the best corn patties this city can offer. The fritters are crisp and not greasy. The accompanying cucumber sauce is tangy and sweet with thinly sliced red onions offering a fine crunch. Other top choices, served by traditionally attired servers, include the classic pad Thai, chicken satay and "spicy noodles" (a savory selection with flat noodles, chicken and basil). Mongolian beef was a surprise hit in the none-too-Thai department. Royal Thai's atmosphere is energetic but homey, and the option of sitting on the patio is a rarity for city Thai joints. Royal Thai has been and probably always will be a favorite among the Central and East Dallas lot.
- Price: $$
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., 4-9 p.m.; Friday 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., 4-9:30 p.m.; Saturday 12-9:30 p.m.; Sunday 12-9 p.m.
- Outdoor seating: Open-air patio
- Reservations: Recommended
- Parking: Lot available
- Extra Services: Private-group dining
- Call restaurant to order/pay
- Curbside pickup
- Use restaurant website to order/pay
- Order/delivery via DoorDash
- Order/delivery via Grubhub