Best of Dallas 2015
Whatever happened to Alicia Silverstone?
We Googled. She became a mother, ate some of her own placenta, named her son Bear Blu, wrote a new-agey book about motherhood that … well … don’t ask. Just remember her as Cher, star of the classic film Clueless, which turned 20 this year. It’s an adaptation of Jane Austen’s Emma and required viewing for generations of teens, but with much more shopping, fashion, youth and fun than the novel.
That makes it the perfect theme for our Best of Dallas© 2015 issue. We included lots of food, too, though Cher wasn’t a big eater. There’s no placenta on the menu (as if), but you’ll find plenty of great dining and drinks here. Plus sports. (Watch out for balls flying toward your face.) It’s, like, all here. So let us, and our readers who voted, clue you in on the best things in Dallas.
Find more Best of Dallas® winners:
- Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler: Eight Spots Serving Crawfish on Fat Tuesday
- Seven Awesome Food Events this Weekend, February 4-7: Bach, Beer and Running for Chocolate
- A Movie Guide for Seven Valentine's Day Scenarios
- Seven 2017 Texas-Sized Trucks
- Valentine's Dates for the Cheapskates
- 5 Things That Could Destroy Dallas
- 10 Awesome Food Events this Weekend, January 28-31: Doughnuts, Crepes and Girl Scout Cookies
- Five Favorite Things: Fashion Stylist Andrew Bayer
- 7 Dallas Panaderias You Might — But Shouldn't — Miss
- Eight Awesome Food Events This Weekend, January 21-24: Haggis Eating, Cheesemaking and a Gumbo Competition
- Five Awesome Food Events This Weekend, January 14-17: All the Beer
- 5 Country Acts in Dallas-Fort Worth to Watch in 2016
- 5 Places to Meditate 2015 Away in Dallas
- 10 Types of Restaurants to Dine at Without Destroying Your Diet