Best of Dallas 2015
Whatever happened to Alicia Silverstone?
We Googled. She became a mother, ate some of her own placenta, named her son Bear Blu, wrote a new-agey book about motherhood that … well … don’t ask. Just remember her as Cher, star of the classic film Clueless, which turned 20 this year. It’s an adaptation of Jane Austen’s Emma and required viewing for generations of teens, but with much more shopping, fashion, youth and fun than the novel.
That makes it the perfect theme for our Best of Dallas© 2015 issue. We included lots of food, too, though Cher wasn’t a big eater. There’s no placenta on the menu (as if), but you’ll find plenty of great dining and drinks here. Plus sports. (Watch out for balls flying toward your face.) It’s, like, all here. So let us, and our readers who voted, clue you in on the best things in Dallas.
Find more Best of Dallas® winners:
- Five Favorite Things: Lou Simmons and Lynn Bossange
- Nine Awesome Food Events This Weekend, October 1-4: The Doctor, Dolmas and Beer Camp
- Another 10 Brilliant Dallas Women: Sophia Dembling, Author and Introvert
- Another 10 Brilliant Dallas Women: Lily Cabatu Weiss, Mentor for the Next Generation
- Design Collective Yeti & the Beast's Favorite Things
- Another 10 Brilliant Dallas Women: Sayra & Michelle Design Jewelry With Purpose
- 10 Best Cocktails in Dallas Right Now
- 5 Places In Dallas Where You Can Get Better At Art
- Where to Buy a Pig (or Goat or Lamb) for Your Next Roast
- Another 10 Brilliant Dallas Women: Josie Carignan Fights Against HumanTrafficking
- 10 Brilliant Dallas Women: Justine Ludwig Brings an International Art Perspective to Curation
- 14 Awesome Food Events This Weekend, September 17-20: All the Fests
- 10 Stops To Make on a Creepy Tour of Dallas
- 10 Brilliant Dallas Women: Olinka Green Is A Fierce Crusader for Justice