Best of Dallas 2015
Whatever happened to Alicia Silverstone?
We Googled. She became a mother, ate some of her own placenta, named her son Bear Blu, wrote a new-agey book about motherhood that … well … don’t ask. Just remember her as Cher, star of the classic film Clueless, which turned 20 this year. It’s an adaptation of Jane Austen’s Emma and required viewing for generations of teens, but with much more shopping, fashion, youth and fun than the novel.
That makes it the perfect theme for our Best of Dallas© 2015 issue. We included lots of food, too, though Cher wasn’t a big eater. There’s no placenta on the menu (as if), but you’ll find plenty of great dining and drinks here. Plus sports. (Watch out for balls flying toward your face.) It’s, like, all here. So let us, and our readers who voted, clue you in on the best things in Dallas.
Find more Best of Dallas® winners:
- The Cowboys' 5 Biggest Thanksgiving Turkeys
- 10 Dark Bars to Hide in After You're Stuffed
- Four Awesome Food Events This Weekend, November 27-29: a Market, a Roast and So Many Mimosas
- Best Places to Adopt a Pet in Dallas
- Five Good, Cheap Wines to Drink at Thanksgiving
- Five Awesome Food Events This Weekend, November 19-21: Festicles, Beaujolais and Things With Normal Names, Too
- 10 Best Dallas Sandwich Shops
- The 10 Greatest Pieces of Dallas Vaporware
- Dallas' 8 Best Double Cheeseburgers
- Apparently, Dallas Isn't Pretentious Enough. Only You Can Fix This.
- Seven Awesome Food Events This Weekend, November 12-15: Pie, Booze and, Uh, More Booze
- 11 Reasons Art Con Is the Best Art Party of the Year
- 5 Best Places in Dallas to Get Your Face Painted by a Professional
- 10 Best New Dallas Restaurants, 2015